Did you know that you only need a few types of triceps workouts to get well-toned arms? Despite what you might have heard or read, sticking to a few triceps exercises will do the job fin most instances. These triceps exercises are suitable for both men and women. If you still cannot get the arms of your dreams despite your best efforts, consider treating yourself to a non-invasive body sculpting package to really boost your progress!
1. Tricep Bench Press
If there is one workout for the triceps that is incredibly effective, it is the close-grip bench press. It not only works the triceps, but it also engages the shoulders and the chest. The close-grip bench press builds muscle mass and increases tricep strength. It also improves the movement and flexibility of the elbows and reduces stress on the shoulders. Additionally, this workout also increases the balance in the muscles and can also be effective for strengthening the inner chest.
- Lay down flat on a bench.
- Lift the bar from the rack above you and slowly start lowering it towards your chest.
- Keep lowering the bar until it slightly reaches the mid-chest area.
- Start lifting the bar slowly until your arms are straight and your elbows lock out.
- Don’t forget to keep your arms straight and elbows at a 45-degree angle through the exercise.
2. Triceps Dips
Triceps dips are another great workout that engages the triceps muscles and works the shoulders alongside. It requires a lot of force from the core as well as the arm muscles to get maximum results. This is one of the best exercises to increase strength and build lean muscle mass in the upper arms. Another benefit of triceps dips is that they work all three triceps muscles, which is why you should not miss them out on your workout routine.
- Keep your arms slightly apart and stand in front of a perpendicular bar with the bar behind you.
- Reach out your arms to hold on to the bar handles.
- Start to lift your chin and chest up slowly while keeping your upper body straight.
- Bend your knees and cross your ankles for support while lifting yourself up.
- Start dipping back down slowly while keeping your arms at a 90-degree angle.
- Don’t forget to maintain an upright position throughout the exercise.
3. Diamond Push Up
This is a very common workout and should be a part of everyone’s tricep routine. It has numerous benefits for the arms, chest, core, back, and shoulders. If you want to increase the intensity of this exercise, you can consider using a weight vest.
- Position your body in a straight line on the floor and keep your hands underneath your chest. Point your palms toward each other in a way that your index finger and thumb of each hand form a diamond
- Keep your toes aligned with the body in a straight line.
- Start lowering your body until your chest is slightly above the ground and bring yourself back up.
- Make sure to keep your elbows tucked into your sides to really put the emphasis on the triceps.
The above exercises are great for anyone, whether you are a man or a woman, a beginner or an expert. If you continue your routine and include these 3 best triceps workouts, you will have great-looking sturdy arms in no time!