Summertime is just around the corner and the weather will be hot in Chicago in no time! That means strapless dresses, tank tops and shirtless men walking around! The more exposed skin the more pressure people have to stay in shape. This year is already appearing to be more of a challenge for everyone with over a year of restrictions and prolonged sedentary life. However, have no fear, you can still get the sculped arms by summertime with the help of the below exerises, healthy diet and complimenting it with body controuing.
1. Arm Circles
Arm circles are great for strengthening the shoulders and arms by using circular movements. This can be done easily without any equipment.
- Stand straight and keep your feet slightly apart. Form a T-shape with your body by stretching out both arms to the side.
- Start rotating your shoulders and arms slowly in a circular motion in a forward direction. Do this at least 20 times and repeat the same in a backward direction.
PRO TIP- Add dumbbells or add weight by finding items around your house: water bottles, shampoo/conditioner bottles or soup cans !
2. Triceps Dip
You can use your body weight to build up your triceps. You can do this on the floor or use a chair or a bench.
- Sit in front of a chair (not facing it) and drip your hands on it. There should at least be 3 to 6-inch gap between you and the chair.
- Extend your legs out in front of you and start lowering your body down by engaging your triceps. Complete 3 sets with 12 reps.
3. Bicep Curls
If you don’t have weights, you can use household items to do this simple workout. You may use a box of detergent or filled water bottles.
- Stand straight while holding any household item in place of dumbbells in one hand only.
- Keep your arms straight down (palms facing to the front) and keep your elbows close to the body.
- Lift up the object towards your shoulder in slow motion and take the object above your head while extending the arms.
- Bring your arm back down slowly back to its original position, and repeat this step with the other arm.
4. Kickboxing Punches
If you have ever taken a kickboxing cardio class, you might be aware of how many calories are burnt while throwing punches. Kickboxing also tones and strengthens the arms.
- Stand straight with feet slightly apart and bring your arms upwards to form a punching motion.
- Extend your arms forward as you begin to punch into the air in front of you. Be sure to use all of your strength while punching.
- Repeat this at least 15 times with each arm.
5. Side Plank
Side planks are great for working the shoulders and the arms.
- Lie down on a floor on your side and lift up your abdomen.
- Use one arm for stability and balance and form a 90-degree angle.
- Stretch out the other arm towards the ceiling and hold for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise with your other arm.
These 5 simple workouts can help to tone your arms and increase strength. The best thing about these workouts is that there is absolutely no need for equipment. You can easily tone your arms at home without much hassle or inconvenience. If you are still struggling to get your arms in the shape you want, book a body contouring session with TushToners!