Let’s face it, not everyone’s body is designed like a supermodel, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t accentuate what you have and make your curves work for you! Doing targeted workouts to focus on your glutes a few days a week will very quickly make your booty pop!
Get the body of your dreams with sexy curves by incorporating Brazilian butt lift exercises into your workout regimen. Like all good things, it will take some time and dedication, but even after the first session, your booty will feel the burn! Here are the top 3 squats to gain curves and definition in your tushy!
1. Sumo Squats
A Sumo Squat is a lower-body exercise that works your hamstrings, calves, quads, glutes, inner thighs, and hip flexors. The best part is sumo squats can help strengthen your lower muscles invariably. For this exercise, you will need to:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, making sure your feet are out.
- With your hands clasped together and closer to your chest, lower yourself, ensuring your back is straight and hips pushed outward. At this point, your knees will be bent forward.
- Come back to the starting position by pushing through your heels and engaging your inner thighs at the same time.
- Ideally, you should work the squats in three to four sets of eight to fifteen reps.
A sumo squat is best considered for beginners and should be performed two to three times a week to successfully build your lower body, including your buttocks.
Want a greater challenge? Hold the pose on your tippy-toes and pulse each set for 10 seconds!
2. Explosive Lunges
An explosive lunge is another impressive lower body exercise that focuses on improving your glutes, core, hamstrings, and quads. To perform this exercise, you will be required to:
- Stand up tall and straight.
- Step forward with one foot (this could be either your left or right leg) until your foot makes a 90-degree angle.
- Your front thigh should be parallel to the ground (and must not go beyond your toes), while your rear knee should almost touch the ground.
- Jump in the air and switch your position mid-air in a lunge. Continue the exercise with another foot now.
- Repeat for two sets of 5 reps each at least.
Practice explosive lunges at least once or twice a week. It’s a high-intensity workout that will provide you with results quickly.
3. Touchdown Exercise
A touchdown exercise should be part of your Brazilian butt lift workout for firm and curvy buttocks. To perform this exercise, you will have to:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder and hip-width apart and arms by your waist.
- Now, take a wide step back with your left/right leg, making sure your back is straight and you’re looking straight ahead.
- Stay in this position as you lower your hips toward the floor. Bend your legs at a 90-degree angle. Continue going down until your left/right knee almost touches the floor.
- Quickly touch the floor and push your body back to the initial position.
- Do as many reps as you possibly can.
These are the top 3 exercises you must do to firm and uplift your buttocks and shape up your entire body – especially the lower body!
Add ankle or hand weights for a greater challenge!