Building your core muscles is a lot more than just getting a 6 pack. Your core muscles are all those muscles that lie between your chest and your hips. Mostly referred to as the abdominal muscles, these core muscles help you improve your balance and control your breathing as you move from basic exercises to advanced physical training.
Summer will be here faster than we know it! This is the perfect time to utilize the remaining few months of winter to get a toned body. To have all eyes on you and your great bod this summer, AT MINIMUM, start doing these 2 basic ab workouts to prepare for your swimsuit and bikini. And remember, tightening your tummy isn’t easy that why we have many body contouring packages to help you get where you want to!
Crunches are an exclusive exercise for toned abs. They are very helpful if you are aiming for those six-packs. Moreover, you do not require any gym equipment to perform crunches. You simply have to lie down on the floor and work those muscles. There are many different types of crunches, like the basic crunch, the bicycle crunch, the reverse crunch, etc. But in this blog post, we will teach you how to do a bicycle crunch. Here is what you need to do:
- Lie down on your back. You can lie down directly on the floor or a yoga mat.
- Bend your knees and exert pressure on the floor with your feet.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Put your hands behind your head.
- Bring your elbows in front of your face.
- Take a deep breath.
- Bring your knees up to your chest and lift your upper body.
- Exhale. Pause and remember this as your starting position.
- Inhale deeply and twist your upper body to the left side. As your right elbow and head move towards the left side, bring your left knee up to your chest, and straighten your right leg.
- Exhale and now repeat the same movement on the opposite side. Straighten your left leg, bring your right knee up to your chest, and twist your upper body on the right side.
- Repeat the movements in a swift motion without breaking the rhythm.
- Complete at least 1 set of 20 and gradually increase to 3 sets.
To perform this exercise in an accurate way, do not turn your upper body to the side by just turning your neck and head. You must turn your abdomen. Remember to keep your back and shoulders straight.
Planks are not only one of the best ab workouts, but they also help you correct your posture. Planks can strengthen your back, neck, chest, and shoulders along with targeting your abdominal muscles. Like crunches, there are many versions of planks. These include basic planks, hardstyle planks, side planks, etc. But in this blog post, we will teach you how to do the hardstyle plank pose. So, here is what you should do:
- Lie face down on the floor or your yoga mat
- Lift your body while keeping your toes and forearms pressed against the floor.
- Your elbows should be aligned right beneath your shoulders
- Keep your back straight and look to the front as you inhale deeply.
- Stay in this position for at least 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat at least 10 to 20 times for best results.
Bear in mind that your elbows should be parallel to one another, and only your toes – not your feet – should be pressed against the floor.
After trying out these 2 best ab workouts and making them part of your daily workout routine, we assure you that you will get those toned abs in no time.