If you’re fond of wearing miniskirts, dresses, and shorts, then sculpting or toning your thighs must have crossed your mind! You’ve probably already tried working out to target your glutes and inner thighs for a firmer and more toned appearance of your lower body, but what about your outer thighs?
With age, our skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag. The outer thighs can quickly fall prey to this, especially as the fat deposits from your inner thighs are removed. To avoid this, you must also perform exercises that target your outer thighs. We’ve created a shortlist of the 3 best outer thigh workouts that will make the skin around your outer thighs firmer and tone your hips and legs. Doing this along with some body-sculpting treatments and you’ll see results faster than you think!
1. Half Leg Circle
Half leg circle is a simple exercise that tones your outer thighs. You can do this exercise anywhere, without the need for any gym equipment. To do this, you must:
- Stand straight and keep your hands on your hips for balance
- Stretch out one leg in front of you
- Now, move that leg to the side and stretch it as much as you can
- Take it all the way behind you
- It should feel like you are drawing circles in the air with your toes
- Repeat this action at least 20 times with one leg
- Then do the same with the other leg
To make it more challenging trying adding a resistance band! you can also try starting from the back and bringing your leg in front of you in a circular motion. Just make sure that through this exercise, your pelvis stays aligned with your spine. Keep your upper body straight and just use your leg muscles to draw circles.
2. Roundhouse Kick and Squat
This is a full cardio workout. It is definitely one of the best outer thigh workouts as it targets your abdominal muscles, your thigh muscles, your hip muscles, and strengthens your legs. To perform this exercise, you must do the following:
- Stand with your legs wide apart.
- Make fists and bring your arms in front of your body.
- Relax your shoulders
- Now move 45 degrees on the right side
- Stretch out your left leg to the side and point your toes to the floor
- Use this leg to kick in the air. Kick as high as you can without losing your balance
- Now keep the left leg stretched again
- Bring your knee to your chest and keep your toe pointed to the ground.
- Lower your left leg and squat down.
- Stand back up and repeat the motions with the right leg.
For best results, try this exercise with each leg at least 5 times. Within a few weeks, you will start to observe positive results.
3. Side Plank
The side plank helps you to target your glutes, legs, arms, and abdominal muscles. You don’t need any gym equipment for this exercise. Simply:
- Lay down on your side on a yoga mat
- Lift your body in a planking position.
- Hold your waist with the hand that is raised from the floor
- Use the other forearm (elbow to your hand) to find your balance and exert pressure on the floor.
- Only one foot should be touching the ground for balance
- Inhale deeply and maintain the position
- You should notice your body weight shift completely to your forearm.
- Stay in this position for at least 10 seconds.
- Exhale and come back to your starting position
- Repeat the exercise on one side at least 10 times.
- Turn over to switch sides and try the same with the other forearm.
You can try a variation of side planks, known as side plank leg lifts, for the best results. All you have to do is raise your top leg each time that you are in the planking position.
We hope you will find these 3 best outer thigh workouts useful for toning your outer thighs. Please continue to follow our blog for more information on achieving the body of your dreams and leave a comment if you have any additional tips or feedback!